This easy to make salad is a great complement to any main entree. The dressing lightly coats the lettuce and vegetables, accentuating the sweetness of the bell peppers and roasted pecans.
PREP TIME – 10 Min
READY IN – 10 Min
Makes 6 Servings
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
6 large romaine leaves washed and dried
10 oz fresh spinich
3 oz Almond Brothers Cinnamon Roasted Pecans
1 whole carrot peeled and washed
1/2 of red bell pepper thinly sliced in 3 inch strips
1/2 of yellow bell pepper thinly sliced in 3 inch strips
Small yellow onion thinly sliced
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp of ground pepper
1 tsp of crushed basil
Pinch of salt
3 oz bleu cheese crumbles
1. Break romaine leaves into small pieces and mix in large bowl with spinich.
2. Top with Onion, bell peppers and seasoning.
3. Shred the carrot on top using the large side of a cheese grater.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. When ready to serve add Almond Brothers Cinnamon Roasted Pecans, bleu cheese and oil and vinegar.
6. Toss to coat evenly and serve immediately.